Friday 14 March 2014

Being Reflective

I have found myself being very reflective all of the sudden, like I am being nostalgic or just quiet and thinking. I miss my very two best friends/ mentors. They have been a part of my life since high school and for some reason I have not spoken to either one in a long time. Today, I found myself sitting in the rocking chair watching the sun come up and for a brief moment I felt the pangs of grief, as if I was grieving the loss of my friends. But I have not lost them. They are still there. I just need to say hi and chat up a bit.

Has this ever happened to you? Have you lost contact with a great friend and found yourself reflecting on it? How long did it take you to finally ring them?


There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about each one and how much I miss them. One lives out of state and the other is battling cancer. I have always respected their private lives as they only share so much with me, but I miss them dearly.

Not the best of a cheery blog, more of a let's all reflect on something/someone we miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment