Thursday 10 September 2015

Freedom! Network and My YouTube Channel

It has been over two and a half months since I was approached by Freedom! to partner with their network. It has been very interesting to see what networks do for small channels. So far I have not really earned any money, actually they took money from my account that was accumulated on my channel prior to partnership. I have gained three... three viewers. The more the time goes and the more I read about Freedom! and those that are partners on the forums, it is sad to see how small channels get offered these "amazing" things from a network that doesn't care about them unless you have over one-hundred thousand viewers. I have fifty-five viewers and very little views on my videos.

 I know I don't have the most expensive camera or the proper lighting but the quality of my videos are rather pretty decent. It is disheartening that small channels are preyed on just so that this network can write themselves another check while my channel sits and festers. Even within Freedom! there are hidden marks. They have forums set up for the community to chat but you cannot talk about your new videos or even your channel unless you have posted some hundred or more forum posts.... which in my case, the forum doesn't even operate at a rate of any other webpage. How can you grow a channel through a network if that network essentially gags you from asking people to simply watch a video or two. Heck, it is seriously wrong to ask for subscribers.

With all that I have learned, through my own research, and that of those in the forums that I have read, joining a network as a small channel was the worst idea I could have ever made with my channel.

I hope that since I have disconnected from Freedom! and DropBackTV hopefully, hopefully, I will have my original simple YouTube partnership and my channel will start to grow more as I stay away from networks who prey on small channels.

What do you think? What are your views on partnering with networks?

No comments:

Post a Comment